Why Hello There!
…You guys. I have a serious problem. I AM OBSESSED WITH SAILOR MOON. In the 15 years I’ve been a fan, I feel that me having money and the gracious amount of attention span has encouraged me to bring back ALL of the childhood memories. It’s gotten so bad that I even bought the omnibus versions of Cardcaptor Sakura. SOMEONE STOP ME. Actually, please don’t. I’m having way too much fun.
- Sailor Moon Crystal is set to Debut on July 5, 2014 7PM JST (Japan Standard Time). This means it will debut at 6AM US EST.
- There will be 26 episodes in the season with a new episode aired every other Saturday.
- Sailor Moon Crystal will be streaming through the following sites: Nico Nico Douga (Japan), Crunchyroll (International), Hulu Plus (International), and Neon Alley (International).
- Subtitles will be available for international audience.
- Viz Media has acquired full Sailor Moon rights for the original Sailor Moon anime as well as Sailor Moon Crystal.
- The original series with original Japanese Dub is currently available to watch on Neon Alley and Hulu Plus. 2 New Episodes will be available Every Monday.
English Dub News:
- Viz Media has announced that they are going to release a brand new English dub of the original series with an all new cast.
- The cast will be announced on July 5th at Anime Expo.
- The English dub cast has been personally chosen by Naoko Takeuchi, creator of Sailor Moon.
DVD/Blu-Ray Release News:
- Along with a new English cast, Viz Media announced that they will be releasing the original series on DVD/Blu-Ray in the Fall of 2014.
- This will include the English Dub and original Japanese Dub.
- No current release date, but more information will be available during the Anime Expo panel.
- This will include all 200 episodes and all 5 seasons: Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon R, Sailor Moon S, Sailor Moon Super S, and Sailor Moon Sailor Stars.
- The series will be Uncut and Remastered just as they aired in Japan. They are also Uncensored.
That’s pretty much the technical news until July 5th! Since my last post, they have revealed the inner senshi character profiles which included a look at the animation…
If you compared this to the Original series, this is incredibly different! I remember saying that I wanted the animation to resemble that of the original series, but I can see why they went this route. If you think about it, these profiles closely resemble that of the manga but also resemble a lot of today’s modern anime. The original series was made in 1992+, so they art style was a lot more rounder and shoujo animes had a certain look to them. Crystal’s art style is a bit more detailed and has a sharper look to it. I was shocked at first, but looking at it now…I actually quite like it! (Especially Usagi’s hair! Holy crap you guys.)
I already expressed my wants from the new series…BUT I have a few more:
Sailor Moon Crystal Expectations:
- Mamoru with Glasses. PLEASE.
- Accurate Ages! (Usagi is 14 & Mamoru is 17 in the Manga.)
- Meaningful Filler Episodes if Necessary.
- Accurate Depiction of Usagi & Mamoru’s Relationship.
- Pea Green Jacket & Lavender Pants for Mamoru.
I think my list is rather reasonable…
Anyways, that is it for tonight! It’s almost MIDNIGHT, WHAT HAPPENED TO THE TIME!? I hope all you Moonies found this helpful! I know there’s a lot of Sailor Moon merchandise being released as well and there is a helpful website for that: SailorMoonCollectibles.Com! Literally, there’s a list of all the Japanese releases and what websites ship the items internationally! That’s how I managed to purchase the Japanese Complete Edition of the SM Manga.
I’m excited to hear what you all have to say! If you have any expectations, opinions, thoughts, or anything dealing with Sailor Moon Crystal, leave a comment down below!! If you’d like to suggest ideas for future posts, please click on the Contact Button above!
With all of that said, have a fantastic rest of the week everyone! I hope you enjoyed your Memorial Day as I did, stay safe and sound, and as always…
REMEMBER: Though they are lost, they are never forgotten…
Thanks for Reading~! ❤